Mario Kart Tournament
Time & Location
About the Event
Get ready to prove you are the Mario Kart Champion with the kick off Tournament!
This is an elimination style, bracket tournament with cash prizes awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners!
- Registration fee $25 in advance; $30 at the door.
- Onsite Registration begins at 9am and ends at 11am
- Round 1 begins at 12 pm
- Ages 12 - 18 (Age verification required)
- Assorted ages will be competing against each other
- 4 Players will be competing against each other to advance to the next round
- The top 2 players of each game will advance to the next round
- Multi-bracket play may be required based on the number of registered players
- Players will be randomly assigned their first round play.
- Players must be checked in 15 minutes before their scheduled game time for the first round.
- Each player will receive a meal voucher for food and a drink (this may be catered in or may be at a walkable spot near the venue).
- The venue has a limited occupancy which will require that we rotate out guests watching the game play. Parent's we encourage you wait for your child during the first round near the venue in case they do not advance to the next round.
- Parent's we are not responsible for your child during the event. If you elect to allow your child to hang out in the downtown Wylie area after they have played, they will not be monitored by the event staff and not liable for their well-being.
The rules for competitive Mario Kart are not exactly set in stone, but this is the preliminary scope of how the game will be played (subject to change)
- Four player split-screen on a Nintendo Wii U
- 150cc, All items, Random tracks
- Top 2 racers wins the round and advances.
- You may bring your own controller (Wii Motes will be provided. You may bring Classic Controllers, steering wheels and Nunchucks to attach.
- Character selection will be first come-first serve.
- You will build your own kart before you begin the race, but it is preferable for you to have an idea in mind of what you want before you arrive.
- 5-7 minutes have been allotted for each group per round, so it is imperitative to make the round set up go as quickly as possible.
In accordance with our personal beliefs and morals, we try to maintain tournaments as family-friendly and encouraging places. We believe competitive gaming to be a fun social activity that can be enjoyed by anyone of any age or skill level.
The following behaviors are intolerable and perpetrators of these acts will be immediately dismissed from the tournament standing without refund.
- The using or insinuation of profanity or profane gestures.
- Violent outbursts such as threats, the throwing of controllers or other objects, and the breaking of anything. (These are not the only punishable offenses, but can result in payment for the loss of property and we reserve the right to discriminate appropriately.)
- Unsportsmanlike conduct. Believe it or not, this is a sport. It's an eSport, but it's a sport.
- Cheating. Enough said. No tolerance policy.
Be sure to read the game specific rules as well. Especially if you are new to competitive gaming.
Each competition includes a $25 fee for competitors. This money will be appropriately distributed between the prize pool, paying for the venue (if payment is required), and to pay staff. Competitors will be provide a meal voucher for a pre-arranged meal at a local restaurant or for catered food provided. Additional snacks and soft drinks can be purchased at the venue.
As formerly stated, there will be a prize pool for the tournaments. The prize will be divvied up between the top winners based upon a few factors: The size of the prize pool, the number of participants and the amount of expenses deducted to run the event.
- Advanced Registration$25$250$0